A woman crashed into a home in the Mar Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles in her car on Friday, sparking a massive fire that consumed both the vehicle and the car. It is now reported that actor Anne Heche was the one driving the car in question. Los Angeles police say the vehicle was traveling at high speed when it crashed.
Heche reportedly suffered burns and the crash caused the car to burst into flames. Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics treated her critically before transferring her to a nearby hospital. According to the LAFD, it took firefighters more than an hour to reach, contain and completely extinguish the flames in the badly damaged building.
Here are 10 things we know about Anne Heche’s car accident:
- Between her two car accidents, Anne Heche is said to have driven erratically, as shown in a new video of her driving through houses.
- According to a video acquired by TMZ, Heche was speeding through the neighborhood in his blue Mini Cooper.
- Anne Heche, who was transported by ambulance on a stretcher after the accident.
- In the Mar Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles, the crash happened shortly after noon.
- Residents of the apartment complex tried to get Heche out of the car, but she backed up and drove away. Shortly after, she caused a fire by crashing into a nearby house. The house was completely destroyed by the great fire.
- Heche reportedly suffered significant burns in the fire.
- Currently, she has been intubated in hospital, but is expected to survive. According to TMZ, her medical condition prevents doctors from doing tests to determine if she was driving a vehicle while intoxicated.
- Heche originally became known for her dual roles as twins Vicky Hudson and Marley Love on the soap opera Another world, where she appeared from 1987 to 1991. For this role, she won a Daytime Emmy Award. She then appeared in Donnie Brasco, six days seven nightsand Walk the dogamong other movies.
- However, Heche was more in the limelight for his relationship with Ellen DeGeneres in the late 1990s, which garnered a lot of media attention at the time. Heche claimed that after going public with their relationship, she felt “blacklisted.”
- Heche married Coleman Laffoon in 2001, but the couple separated in 2009.
Suggested reading: Who is Anne Heche? The actor is badly burned following a car accident in California